Wednesday, August 1

If the Shoe Fits...


I have a small, and rather strange DVD Collection. I only buy and own movies that I really love and watch again and again without tiring of them. So sandwiched between Legally Blonde, the 7 Harry Potter films, Annie Hall, and Music & Lyrics is my collection of beloved Disney favorites. Most notably at the moment, The Little Mermaid. But come this fall there will be a new addition to my collection that will be the star: Cinderella. 

Forget the Diamond Jubilee, this is the year of the Diamond Anniversary of Cinderella, and Disney is releasing the classic fairytale on Blue-Ray, and commemorating the event in style.

As a child I loved the Wizard of Oz, but as an adult I fell in love with Cinderella.
6 years ago I revisited Disney World for the first time since I was a toddler and realized that it is, in fact, the most magical place on Earth. I got Mickey Mouse ears engraved with my name on them, I got autographs from the characters, I ordered kid's meals because they came in Mickey ear-shaped containers. I rode the tea cups, I kissed Chip and Dale, I watched "Wishes," in front of Cinderella's castle and had goosebumps, a pounding heart, and teary eyes. It was all just - magical.

I was lucky enough to be there during "Cinderellabration," where Cinderella and Prince Charming did a special show on the castle grounds hourly, joined by all the other princesses, of course.
I watched it too many times to count, jaw dropped.

So, as you can imagine - my Ruby Slipper obsession turned into a Glass Slipper obsession around this time. Well, earlier this summer I found my Dorthy Dream shoe at Ted Baker, but leave it to Christian Louboutin to create the true shoe of my dreams: Cinderella's Glass Slipper.

Unveiled in - where else - Paris - on July 4th by Louboutin, the Fairy Godfather himself. These slippers are making Cinderella's - at- heart around the planet ask, who needs a prince when you can have these?

Cinderella's Glass Slipper by Christian Louboutin

Bippity-Boopity-Beautiful!

Christian Louboutin, the most talented man who ever lived.


Disney approached Louby about bringing history's most iconic shoe to life, and the result is spellbinding. These stunning stilettos are limited edition - only 20 pairs will be made.

According to USA Today, the pairs will be given away worldwide this fall, and Louboutin will choose one lucky U.S. fan as his Cinderella and gift her with a free limited-edition pair.

Now let's get serious for a minute here....

HE HAS TO PICK ME!!!

Now that I know they exist, I can't go on without these shoes!! They are a nothing less than the most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen. Lace, tulle, crystals, butterflies, they are a fairytale come true. 

Christian's Drawing of his glass slipper, "lace over tulle pour Cendrillon"

I love Cinderella and I love Paris more than anyone on the planet.
I also happen to love Mr. Louboutin's stilettos. As a poor, struggling, college student I splurged my birthday money at Barneys buying my first pair. The best purchase I ever made. I'll never forget what it felt like to carry that shoebox home, knowing the red-soled shoes inside it were mine. I am now a poor, struggling, working girl who no longer can afford to splurge on stilettos because she must pay the rent. And the rent is high where I choose to live. Maybe I should consider moving... I could purchase more so many more pairs of shoes with the cost savings.

I don't know anything about the details of this contest yet - but I know I must win. 
I have never been so sure of anything in my life. Those shoes were made for me. 

And if the shoe fits....You wear it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment