Wednesday, May 16

Exploring My Subconscious

HOLY WOW AND COW! THE SUN IS SHINING!

I wanted to make the most of this rare treat, so this morning I was up at 6am heading to - you guessed it - hardcore Barrecore. Today in class I got a "beautiful work Anna" three different times. Woo hoo!

I am officially obsessed, and based on my history of previous obsessions, I have to say that they don't ever go away. I think this obsession is improving my life in all areas: I have more energy, I wake up early now, I am eating better, sleeping better, even walking straighter! Although today I am a bit hunch-backed. I think 28 straight classes may have taken their toll on my lower back. I am in quite a lot of pain, but with only 3 days left in my unlimited month I can't stop now!

The thought of this all being over is really depressing, since I absolutely love it and have made Barrefriends. When I stop showing up, they are going to think I deported. If only I could get deported...

I realized in the other day in class that I am one of the few girls in the room not sporting an obnoxiously large rock on her right finger. The changing room is full of Fendi handbags and Tory Burch flats. My Barrefriends will have no problem continuing their bends and stretches with no thought to the £28 price tag per class, while I am kicked out on the street.

I've contemplated selling a kidney or possibly a couple feet of my Rapunzel hair in order to afford another month of classes. My hair officially comes to my belly button now when it's straight! I'm not sure how this happened, but I think my obsession with the Disney movie Tangled is subconsciously to blame.

It's always been my dream to be one of the Princesses at Disney World. I can't imagine how that could be anything but the best job ever! Spending all day dressed as a princess signing autographs for adorable children with mouse-earred pens....sounds like a fairytale to me.

I once said I wanted to live in London - and look where I am! I found a way to make it happen.
So perhaps I will visit the tower of London this weekend and find a window to stick my hair out of, snap a photo and send it along with my resume to Mickey.

I'll just have to sort out this hunch-back problem first though, otherwise the only character I will be considered for is Quasimodo.

Just give him long blonde hair...

 Speaking of Notre Dame -  I am craving Paris. And crepes! I need to Eurostar myself over there for a a rendez-vous with the Eiffel Tower once my weekends are no longer devoted to painful workouts.

I actually have quite a bit of London discovering to do yet as well. If the rain would ever stop, I might be able to start checking things off the list. Today it was shockingly sunny when I woke up, so as soon as I got to the office I immediately began plotting my escape.

A certain client of mine conveniently located in Notting Hill was in need of a sample and so I decided to pick up a big box of double chocolate cookies and personally deliver the sample to him with a sweet surprise. I really pride myself on my customer service on sunny days. Had it been raining, I would have told the old chap to come get it himself if it wants it so bad. But instead I put on my sunnies and a smile and enjoyed the scenic ride to Holland Park.

After chatting for awhile, I spent my lunch break meandering through the candy-colored-house-lined streets of Notting Hill and wishing I lived there. If I wasn't so chummy with my flatmates I would consider moving for the rest of my stay here - but I like them all too much to leave them. Living in that house is like the college experience I never had because I went to school in New York. Ever since I saw Legally Blonde, I was obsessed with the idea of being a Delta Nu, so I think subconsciously,  I am living with 4 other girls in a decrepit but cute house because it sort of feels like a sorority.

But, if I was going to move - Notting Hill is the ultimate neighborhood. I grabbed a Slim Salmon Sushi box at Itsu for lunch and then treated myself to a mini fro yo that I enjoyed as I wandered in and out of the cute shops on Portobello Road. It's so fun to be out in the world on a weekday afternoon, it feels sneaky and wonderful and reminds me of my old life of freedom.

Thankfully, I have a ten day holiday coming up in 2 weeks! My exotic location of choice....
OHIO!

Home sweet Ohio. I really mean it when I say that I love going home to Ohio.
My parents, my dogs, my friends, my room with all my old memories. When I'm back there I feel like a kid again.

Perhaps my most serious obsession to date was with the Wizard of Oz, as a child. I
I think that is the reason for my subconscious affinity for small brown dogs and ruby red stilettos, and perhaps also the reason that I have always felt like there is really is "no place like home." 



















No comments:

Post a Comment